August 04, 2014

Are Rawhides Bad or Safe for Your Dog?

Rawhide, a usual go-to treat for most dog owners isn't all that it's cracked up to be. There's a lot of danger in rawhides that most people don't know about until it's too late. As dog boutique owners we have customers who come in all the time with problems with these seemingly safe dog treat. The main problems associated with rawhide chews are the following:

 

- Digestive & Intestinal Problems

   Fatal blockages caused by the swelling of a rawhide is not uncommon and also intestinal problems can occur with consumption.

- Ingredients

   Often rawhides are exported from other countries and have unknown ingredients that have been known to include poisons, formaldehyde, and even arsenic in small amounts.

 

Instead of rawhide, choose a safer made in America, All-Natural Dog Treat like:

 

Peanut Butter Bon Bons - Homemade Peanut Butter Bons Bons are all natural, made in America, and human grade (and kind of delicious)

 

All Natural Peanut Butter Dog Treat

 

All Naturally-Shed Dog Chew Treat

 

Dog Antler Dog Chew Treat

This natural dog treat that is naturally shed from deers on a ranch in Texas is a great alternative to the potentially unsafe rawhide treats. It lasts for a long time and has great things in it for your dog like natural phosphate and calcium, which gives it it's flavor.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Leave a comment

Comments have to be approved before showing up.