Puppy Love Dog Boutique & Dog Store's
Apple Cider Vinegar Health Tips for dogs!
Lets start with the basics, what is apple cider vinegar (ACV) and what is so great about it?
Apple cider vinegar is a miracle health concoction filled with minerals and essential vitamins, including potassium, iron, and magnesium.
We personally have been mixing and making drinks out of it for ourselves for about 5 months now and can not say enough good things about it. Energy is up, asthma is down, and all around we are happier! With our serving of 3 drinks a day, we know exactly how great this stuff is. Now the taste is a bit of an obstacle to overcome if your sensitive to things not tasting perfect; however, you can fix it up good with either honey or sugar or splenda or mixing it with a fruit juice such as apple juice, cranberry juice, or orange juice. However, after you start feeling good again thanks to these drinks you wont really care what it tastes like.
Look for apple cider vinegar that is fermented and unfiltered with "the mother apple" which contains the most enzymes and minerals. Make sure you do not drink the ACV straight, it needs to be diluted because it is so concentrated. It is too potent by itself to be drank alone.
We suggest Bragg's Apple Cider Vinegar, it has been the best for us and the only one we have needed to try because it is so great!
So now that you want to go out and buy some for yourself alone, let us tell you about how this product is great for your dogs also.
- It can help prevent all skin problems from rashes, to irritation.
- Tooth decay is a problem that all dog owners have with those pups who wont sit still for a regular tooth brushing.
- Infection and Inflamation? Taken care of and gone after a regular dosage of ACV.
- It even helps ward off those pesky tear stains on your baby's eyes.
- ACV aids in dog's digestion. It balances PH levels in your pup, makes them have a better apetite, and gets rid of nasty constipation and diarrhea problems.
- Having issues with fleas on dogs? Add it to your bath regime evenly across the coat after shampooing your dog and it will cause the fleas to suffocate and then be removed because they can't handle the scent and taste of ACV
- Clean your dogs ears with a cotton ball soaked in Apple Cider Vinegar, it will deodorize the ear and clean with its anti-bacterial reactants in the ACV
That is 7 separate problems, and multiple pet products you would normally have to buy and spend tons of cash on that can be taken care of with one healthy change.
The best way to give apple cider vinegar to your soon to be super healthy dog is in well diluted water or food after he has had something to eat to ensure it doesn't upset his stomach.
A TEASPOON of it diluted into water or food 2 to 3 times a week for small dogs is the perfect amount or a TABLESPOON given the same way for any dogs over 50 lbs.
We can not tell you how great this has been for ourselves and now for our dogs! You will not regret starting your Bragg's Apple Cider Vinegar regimen. Here's a quick review as to the doses and how to do it:
For humans: Mix 1-2 teaspoons of apple cider vinegar in a glass of water. Take 3 times daily, before or during meals.
For your dogs: A TEASPOON diluted into water or preferably food 2 to 3 times a week for small dogs or a TABLESPOON given the same way for any dogs over 50 lbs.
*Remember: This is not to be drank straight, dilute it as suggested on the bottle's label and also stated above*
Here is a link to the Bragg's Organics website with a few articles and testimonials about this health product for dogs and people!
Good Luck on your new found happy drink and cure all health mixture for you and your pet!